I’m going to try to consolidate all my ramblings on things I see in the news to one post. We’ll see how that works.
- I wonder what would happen if we saw a major/colossal/gigantic volcanic eruption? Volcanos have a huge impact on global temperatures. We haven’t had many eruptions in the last century, not compared to the previous 4 centuries. We’re past due.
Shoving Their Morality Down Our Throats (or How Much Do I Despise “Them”)
- “Moral of the story,” notes the popular text: “Occasional suggestions and assistance may be alright, but too much of it will lessen a man’s confidence or even turn him away from his princess.” What a load of bullshit! Men are not such delicate creatures. Women do not need to protect men in this manner. This is from a federally funded (MY tax dollars) abstinence program. I’m not sure what the delicate nature of men has to do with abstinence.The programs teaching manuals are loaded with “false, misleading, or distorted information” such as abortion can lead to sterility and suicide, that half the gay male teenagers in the United States have tested positive for the AIDS virus, and that touching a person’s genitals “can result in pregnancy”. Read the article; there’s more.
What really bothers me about this is that instead of simply telling our children not to do something that they are curious about, something that our culture promises them will be a wonderful, beautiful event and will bring them love and acceptance, we should be
tellingshowing them what the actual consequences of their behaviors are.
- An “original intent” or “Constitution in Exile” view of our founding document would actually mean our nation would still be based on slavery.
- Defective voting machines
- Iraq: “There is an idea that there is no plan, and we believe we do have a plan. We’ve worked very hard in the last four months to come up with a plan, and we’re talking about how to communicate that more effectively to the Congress.” Hey, it’s good to know that our dear president can come up with the plan only 2 years after invading a country.