Neue Mode Quick & Easy M23061
I’ve wanted to make NM M23061 for a while. I traced and fit it last winter, but I didn’t have any appropriate fabrics in long enough cuts.
I had enough of the blue fabric to the right, but then we get to the appropriate part. The nylon pucker fabric was not the appropriate fabric for this project. It was too flimsy, too stretchy, too unstable, and too impossible to add shaping by way of darts. This was an opportunity to add to the stash! Off to Joann’s. Low and behold, in their clearance section, I found a cotton-poly rib knit that I think would be perfect.
As you can see, I used this as an excuse to buy more fabric besides just the knit for this dress. 😀
The dress is cut out, and the darts are stitched. I wanted to construct this on the serger, but there is a right angle in the front bodice piece at the neck (ie the back collar is attached to the front bodice). This required my paying attention to what I was doing, so I haven’t worked on it.
The image to the left shows the color of the fabric better (on my computer).
I’m just so proud of this inset corner. It came out perfect. Usually, I’m in too much of a hurry to fuss over details. That’s what I would blame a crummy inset corner on, but these are so good. 🙂 My sewing skills are improving.
Well, it’s a wadder. 😦 It’s just too big. I’m sad because I like the fabric. I’m going to see if I have enough for another bodice, and if not, I think I’ll convert the skirt to a pull on or something.